From the left

This Sears set is carved out of a much larger set looking at the entire mall, so the outside shots jump around a bit. I wasn't very happy with that mall tour, so I redid it in 2021. I have somewhere around 600 pictures of this mall, so I'm going to be breaking this set up into a bunch of smaller sets, starting with just the Sears photos from 2018; I'll probably revisit some of my 2018 mall photos in a later portion of this tour when I do show the entire mall. (I haven't quite decided how I'm going to break things up, but I'm definitely not going to spend most of this year on just one set!) 

From this angle, the Sears almost looks abandoned, with no sign visible and no lights coming from inside! Of course, the second part is just because the windows over the doors are an obvious (and pretty poor) fake, but it's odd to see no signs of life whatsoever. Next door, Din Tai Fung (a massively popular Chinese restaurant which -- based on a lunch visit with my coworkers sometime pre-COVID -- is very good but very overpriced) is in what was once the Rainforest Cafe space. The Rainforest Cafe is my only memory of this mall from when I was growing up since we went there a few times with my grandparents (who lived pretty close to here when I was very young); I'm sure we went to other parts of the mall, including the next-door Sears, but I don't remember that at all. The only full-size Sears I have any memories of is the one at the Kitsap Mall in Silverdale.

Comments