New store, old trailer

I was amused to find that what was then the newest Safeway in the region had one of their oldest trailers parked in its loading dock! Normally, you only see these old trailers permanently parked behind their old stores that don't have enough storage space, but this brand-new store shouldn't have that problem, and the fact that it was marked "shuttle only" (rather than "storage") makes me wonder if it's still actually being used on the road. Sadly, there's no street view of this store from after if was completed to see whether or not it is permanently docked here.

Comments

  1. I really don't know! I would have thought that a brand-new store would have more reliable refrigeration than a 40-year-old trailer, but crazier things have happened. Normally when I see these trailers at stores, they're specifically marked as "storage only" (which I think is used to mean they aren't roadworthy at all) and this one isn't, but I have no clue what "shuttle only" actually means.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment