Dairy arc

Almost every department in this store gets the fancy curved "shelves" for the signs, as befits a deluxe version of PF&H. I feel like the shelves were installed quite a bit too high up on the walls here, though, making the ones that aren't on service departments look a bit strange. I guess Albertsons wanted to install them all at the same height, and didn't want to lower the soffits over the service counters, but this still just doesn't look right -- especially this one, with that big expanse of woodgrain paneling between the case doors and the sign.

Comments

  1. Anonymous in HoustonOctober 24, 2023 at 9:09 PM

    The signage might be a bit too high, but that's a small complaint really. I like this dairy case! This is quite upscale looking especially with the recessed spot lights. It might not look so nice if one of the lights is burned out, which is what I'd expect at an Albertsons (or Kroger), but everything looks good here! I also like the crown moulding! Some may not like the brown on brown look, but this type of wood paneling actually looks better to me than what Safeway does with Modern. I wonder how old that wood paneling is, is it part of this decor package or is it maybe older?

    The pretty basic meat signage next door, however, looks quite paltry in comparison to the dairy case and probably the rest of the store! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a nice look overall! With how run-down so much of this store looks, I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of burned-out lights, honestly. And personally, I'm not a huge fan of the wood paneling here -- I prefer the Modern paneling -- but at least it's better than what Reclaimed uses!

      Delete

Post a Comment