Produce

Entering the produce department, which is just out of view to the left in the previous photo, the drop ceiling suddenly disappears, while a nice woodgrain floor (similar to what's used in Safeway's Modern decor) appears -- I guess you can have either a finished floor or a finished ceiling in this store, but not both! This store's ceilings vary wildly around the salesfloor, which, combined with the walls dividing different areas (like on the left side of this picture), makes it feel as if this is an ancient store that has been expanded many times... but as far as I can tell, this store has always been the same size ever since it opened in the 90s, so I guess it was designed like this on purpose. Perhaps it made sense with whatever the original decor was, but it just feels bizarre these days! And the store only gets stranger as you continue around the perimeter, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Comments