Sbarro

As I alluded to earlier, the main reason I wanted to visit this mall wasn't the mall itself, but rather its food court -- and to be specific, the last Sbarro in the Seattle area. For many years, there were two left, but this was the only publicly-accessible one; the other was in concourse B at Seatac, and I ate there many a time while waiting for flights as a kid, but it unfortunately closed a couple years ago. I don't believe Sbarro is at the point where it could be considered a "broken chain", but they're definitely on the downhill, at least around here. With that in mind, I was certainly surprised to see that this one has been recently updated to Sbarro's current look!

Comments

  1. I certainly can't say I've ever followed Sbarro very closely -- but I definitely had no idea there were parts of the country where they're close to being considered a broken chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I didn't realize there were still places that still had a decent number of Sbarros until researching for this post! I will say, though, it looks like there are hardly any left in your area too (or maybe they just weren't ever common down there). The Memphis metro area seems to only have one that's still open, just like the Seattle area!

      Delete

Post a Comment