Station built into the store

Another thing you aren't likely to see in Seattle is elevated rapid transit! This store backs up directly to the Commercial-Broadway SkyTrain station (which is why I'm calling it the Commercial-Broadway store; Sobeys instead calls it Broadway & Commercial for some reason and that inconsistency bothers me 😉). And in fact, when the station was expanded and a third platform added a few years back, a strip along the back of the store was torn down -- I can't say for sure what that did to the interior of the store, but there's a good chance it means that there's very little backroom space these days (hence the boxes piled on top of shelves), and perhaps the demolished area included part of the meat department (which would explain the lack of Lifestyle tile today).


Anyway, that's it for this whirlwind tour! It's going to be close to a month before my next short set starts so I'm not even going to think about what I want to post quite yet, but there's a good chance it's going to be some very fresh content. 🙂

Comments