And a quintessential Capitol Hill view

 

And to wrap up this set, here's a view to show that sometimes, nothing changes

I'll be taking the next two weeks off, by far the longest time I've skipped posting since I started this project, but it will be extremely worth it in the end! I'm about to go on the longest vacation I've taken in many years and by far the longest road trip I've ever done, driving along the coast (mostly US 101 and SR 1) all the way from Port Angeles to San Diego, before coming back via the I-5 corridor. This is a trip I've been wanting to do for years, because of the scenery, of course, but also because there's a ton of cool retail stuff in California that I can't wait to bring back and show you all! I'm not sure exactly how many stores I'm going to visit; I have a list of over 100 that I would like to see but there's no way I'm getting to all of them so my guess would be about half that at the high end, and even that's a crazy amount to fit into two weeks along with everything else I want to do and all the time I will spend driving. Anyway, I'll see you back here in mid-May!

Comments

  1. Whoa, that's going to be one epic road trip! I can only guess at some of the places you'll stop at, but I'm guessing there might be a Pavilions/quasi-Pavilions or two on the list, lol. It'll be interesting to get your take on some modern non-NW Safeways and see how they compare to the NW ones. It'll be interesting for me to see as well. With the potential for a major Albertsons shakeup next year, Kroger merger or not, this is probably the year to make that trip!

    Anyway, have fun on the trip and don't worry too much about what all those new stores might do to the blog backlog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to be visiting every Safeway/Albertsons and Kroger banner I can (Pak 'n Save is the one I'm probably not going to make it to), along with a decent number of other places! Sadly, a couple years ago would have really been the time, since a lot of cool Albertsons have been remodeled over the past year or two, but there's still a lot to see, and honestly I already have an overwhelming number of places to visit so it's not that big of a deal. (I probably would have done this trip in 2021 or 2022 if not for COVID and the lack of a reliable car to do such a long road trip with!)

      Yeah, that backlog is going to be interesting, that's for sure! My Vancouver trip last year added a year to the backlog, and this trip is over twice the length and more retail-oriented, so things might get out of hand! 🙃

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's going to be one heck of a trip! You'll be covering a lot of ground, so it will be interesting to see what places you'll end up visiting along the way! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comparison shot, and wow, that sounds like an epic road trip indeed! Stay safe, have a great time, and I look forward to your return!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good trip! There are some gorgeous spots on the California coast, so make sure to take in plenty of scenery too. Monterey's 17-mile drive is well worth the price of admission!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment