Big moose, little moose

Or at least I think they're moose... they might be elk. I'm not very good at telling the difference! Anyway, the reason I've been talking about this as a mural and diorama is that there are 3D elements placed sporadically along its length, though in this case I'm pretty confident in saying this isn't real taxidermy given its small size! 


I'm going on a mini vacation over the long weekend, and I'll be back next Wednesday! And in other announcements, it looks like this Vancouver trip was the last big thing for my good old iPhone 6s, which suddenly died yesterday without any warning, so that sucks... on the bright side, whatever new phone I end up buying will almost certainly be at least a little bit better at handling these low-light conditions, and if it does turn out to be as much of an improvement as I'm hoping (considering that it will cost a good bit of money that I really didn't want to spend), this store will definitely be on my list to revisit next time I'm in Vancouver!

Comments

  1. I sure wish I had a long weekend this weekend, but Monday is a normal day of work for me! Oh well, enjoy the time off. That is unfortunate about the phone deciding to retire without warning. I'd recommend that you get whatever kind of phone Je from the Louisiana & Texas Retail Blog has which takes such great neon photos, but I'm not sure how useful that'll be these days since there isn't a ton of neon around except at London Drugs maybe. Then again, LED neon seems to be making a bit of a comeback so who knows. Maybe Safeway will bring it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad -- I guess Presidents Day is one of those holidays that aren't always considered holidays.

      I was thinking about how it would be interesting to see how whatever phone I end up buying handles neon, but I can't think of any good test cases locally -- at least when it comes to indoor neon. Target would have been the obvious choice, but sadly, they've remodeled the last few P04 stores over the past few years. I'd love to see faux-neon start to take off! Sadly, while I've seen some grocery stores starting to use it in their decor packages again, I don't think anyone around here is.

      Delete

Post a Comment