TVs and T-shirts

Sadly, the back side of the triangle is just blank -- I guess they figured the grocery section didn't require introduction. Even though Fred Meyer has been scaling back their clothing departments, this one still had enough merchandise to spill out into the actionway dividing it from the electronics area! Meanwhile, apparently that wall wasn't big enough for the giant TVs that everyone seems to want these days (it would look just as silly if I decided to put one in my little condo!).

Comments

  1. My TV is only 40" and I think it's really big! I'm not sure where everyone has room for those big TVs. Even here, it's not like everyone has a big Fred Meyer-sized house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way with my 32" computer monitor! One of my relatives recently got a giant TV (not sure of the size, but it's the largest one I've seen up close), and I was quite unimpressed since even a HD TV signal was low-resolution enough that the pixels were quite a bit larger than I would expect!

      Delete
    2. Ha, I'm still using a 19" 5:4 aspect ratio LCD monitor from 2006 on my desktop computer! Your view of retail on the Internet is certainly a lot bigger than mine! It should be said that I have the exact same Dell 19" monitor at work so at least I'm used to that view, lol.

      Yeah, I agree, the image quality is poor on those big screen TVs and people sit way too close to the screen with those big TVs so they get a face full of pixels. Comparatively, a regular HD feed looks quite sharp on my 40" TV.

      Delete

Post a Comment