Stripy concrete block

I'm not sure why I didn't put this picture at the start of the set, where it would have made more sense -- too late now! Anyway, inside the cart storage space, this store has a much more locally-themed version of the typical sepia Fred Meyer welcome sign, something that's always nice to see since Fred Meyer very rarely does any local flair. The vertically-striped concrete block in the background is an unusual touch for Fred Meyer -- that's a Kmart hallmark! (Though admittedly, this isn't exactly the same style as the Kmart stuff.)

Comments

  1. That grooved concrete here isn't too much different from the Kmart grooved concrete that I remember. I think Kmart had wider grooves. Of course, the Kmart grooves covered the whole wall which isn't the case here. Interestingly enough, most of the old Kmarts around here, even the ones in rough condition, have had their owners re-do these walls so that they are smooth now. Kroger has not bothered to do that here, but I can't say I blame them. It doesn't look that bad.

    Speaking of Kroger keeping old things fresher than fresh, check this out! At least they didn't put that bloody spoon melon cart logo on there like they have on some store facades around here, lol. Link: https://goo.gl/maps/hETrCJXTgigc2EWg8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the Kmart style had deeper, wider grooves, but it was certainly the same concept! Interesting to hear that -- I'm not particularly surprised that the new tenants want to make their stores look as different from Kmart as possible, though!

      Yikes -- I'm surprised they didn't at least give that store a new coat of paint when it got its new sign! Even Rite Aid has done that at basically all of their stores.

      Delete

Post a Comment