Oh boy, Dip again

Just like electronics, the clothing department here is much more open to the rest of the store than I'm used to at Fred Meyer, with the entire back side of it open to the general merchandise salesfloor. For some reason, this area got a second Northwest Style sign, which is barely visible since the soffit it is mounted on extends over the actionway! But I'm always happy to see this style of sign. Some of the short aisles here are used for seasonal products, with this one seemingly having given up, being completely empty on one side and having a bunch of what I believe are outdoor furniture cushions on the other -- remember, this visit was in February, so those would be way out of season!

Comments

  1. A semi-funny story I have about the dip clothing brand: I once had a co-worker who recently moved to Florida from Tennessee, and she would always wear a dip brand sweater. The reason I knew that was because she left the sweater behind one time. As we were trying to figure out whose sweater it was, I saw "dip" on the tag and knew it was Kroger's clothing brand, and that it had to be hers! (As none of my other coworkers had any obvious connections to Krogerland). My hunch was right though, it was indeed her sweater, so my random knowledge of retail came to the rescue that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I dig that story! And can also confirm dip sweaters are pretty nice :P

      Delete
    2. Anonymous in HoustonDecember 15, 2022 at 7:12 AM

      I'm not sure which part of this is more improbable, someone with Kroger clothing in Florida or someone needing a sweater in Florida! Ok, I know Floridians are quick to put sweaters on as the temperatures 'dip' into the 70s. Things aren't much different here in Houston, lol. Identifying people by their Dip clothing is probably also possible here in Houston as I suspect Dip clothing is also quite rare on the streets around here even though we do have Kroger Marketplace stores (though they do make up a pretty small percentage of our Kroger stores...fortunately in my opinion).

      I would say that you should ask your co-worker if she misses shopping at Kroger now that she lives in the land of Publix, but you'd probably be deemed the office comedian by asking such a question, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment