And suddenly, the magic is gone

 

Getting to the south end of the store and looking back north reveals just how much the sunset was enhancing the view here, as the scene suddenly turns bleak and grey, with the Dollar Tree and Staples signs providing the only pops of color. Even the cars in the parking lot all seem to be white, black, or silver, a trend that I've been quite frustrated to see over the past decade or two. Previously, Rite Aid would have provided a little more color with its red signs and window decals, but those are all gone now -- while I really appreciate how the new style of signage adds some visual interest by actually including the logo, something Rite Aid rarely did previously, I'm not a fan of the lack of color on their stores these days (which look particularly blah when the signs are lit and the blue and green colors in the Rite Aid text aren't visible).

Comments

  1. Ha, it's fitting that all this grey is on Evergreen Way! There's probably a joke to be made about Publix' very grey looking Evergreen decor package!

    Speaking of Florida, it always amazes me when AFB posts a photo from Florida, usually of a Publix, with almost all the cars in the parking lot having grayscale colors like white, black, silver, or grey. I suppose I expect scenes from Florida to have a lot of color in them and it is very disappointing when that is not the case. On the contrary, admittedly, I probably would have less expectation for colors in the NW! Older cars tend to be more colorful though and older cars are more common in the NW. In fact, it looks like the older Chrysler minivan and Mazda SUV in the Rite Aid parking lot are both green. Most everything else, which are newer cars, are grayscale colored though.

    Unfortunately, it seems that it is quite difficult to buy a new car, at least a 'normal' car, that is not a grayscale color here in the 2020s. It seems that dealers are only ordering the most common grayscale colors for many cars plus maybe some dark reds on some cars. Some smaller cars are available in bright colors like bright blue, at least theoretically, but these don't look as good as some of the metallic medium blues that were available some years ago. The lack of decent color options on cars is very disappointing these days!

    The new Rite Aid logo has some Albertsons vibes to it. I don't know if maybe Albertsons' attempted takeover of Rite Aid has anything to do with that as I don't know the timeline for the new logo, but it is a bit strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was so excited for Evergreen when I first discovered the name in some remodel documents, but the actual decor is such a letdown!

      Whoops, I thought both of those were black! I guess that's what I get for having my monitor brightness turned way down. It really does feel like colorful cars aren't very popular anymore -- there have been many times, even going back years, when I looked around and the only car that was an actual color was the one I was in. Thankfully, when my parents bought a new car this year, they were able to get one in a very pretty blue -- but the only color options were that or a rather ugly green, with everything else being greyscale.

      Huh, I've never really noticed that about the logo before. Looks like it came out a couple years after Albertsons gave up on their plan to take over Rite Aid (which was such a strange idea), so it probably isn't related.

      Delete

Post a Comment