Stepping inside

OK, so this isn't the greatest introductory shot, but it's one of the only ones I have to truly show just how small this store is. Interestingly, while this store was quite clearly on the smaller end in person, it really felt significantly larger than the East Capitol Hill store -- I would have guessed this one would be in the 20-25,000 square foot range, not 16,000 sf! I wonder if this store has its back rooms in a basement or mezzanine rather than being on the same level as the salesfloor, something I believe was somewhat common in stores from this era.

Comments

  1. Wow, 16,000 sq. ft. is very small. It'll be interesting to see what Kroger did with such a small store before they closed it.

    I notice that this store has the same flooring design as some Krogers here in Houston which still have flooring cover. Do you remember which decor package these floors were originally used with? Was it Millennium? I'm thinking not since Millennium had a pretty distinctive flooring pattern, but then maybe it was Script? I'm not sure, I'm having trouble remembering when Kroger started using this design. Whatever the case is, I'm guessing this QFC has something more QFC-specific in terms of decor. Here is an example of the same flooring design at a Houston Kroger with more modern decor. This Kroger is in a very wealthy area of Houston so that's probably why Kroger kept the flooring cover instead of pulling it up in favor of some terrible concrete flooring with tile scar: https://goo.gl/maps/v1VbZ17hhZFFEV3b9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... this is the flooring QFC used in their QFC Fresh Fare stores, so my guess would be that it was also used with normal Fresh Fare, but it could have been used with Script too. Fresh Fare would make sense with this seeming to be a fairly upscale store! Having Urban Mix with Fresh Fare flooring really makes that store look like the world's largest QFC! 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment