Nautical registers

Rather than the standard Lifestyle cubes, the register lights at this store use jelly-jar lights, which have always seemed like a nautical-themed thing to me (though they're also used in plenty of other industrial applications). I quite like these, especially since they're not the generic cubic design that basically everyone uses, and which Safeway has used for far too long), but the nautical theme seems a bit out of place with the rest of the decor here, and the execution seems to have been not particularly great (the numbers are on separate non-lit plaques, and the two express lanes have completely different arrangements of their two signs).

Comments

  1. I wonder if the warm colored light on register two is from an earlier Lifestyle era and the cooler, bluer light on register 3 is from the Lifestyle v3 era!

    Those register lights are very unique for a Safeway. You're right that they seem more at home within a nautical theme, but still, I suppose they're okay for an occasional changeup.

    I'm sure we've talked about this before, but the presence of fireworks inside a supermarket is completely foreign here in Houston! There is no way a supermarket would be allowed to sell that here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, but I'm guessing that they just use standard lightbulbs, and one died and was replaced with whatever the store had lying around.

      Agreed -- you wouldn't ever see that in Washington either! I was shocked when I saw all sorts of stores with fireworks inside on my 2019 trip.

      Delete

Post a Comment