Both together

Considering how much work went into this store (at least its exterior) during the 2007 remodel to split off the Babies R Us space, I have to imagine this store was pretty successful at that time -- after all, I'm not aware of very many Toys R Us stores to have gotten such an extensive exterior remodel at any point in their lives. So I have to wonder what happened between then and 2018 to make this one of the very first stores they closed during their bankruptcy. Perhaps the lease was expiring, or maybe it had just gotten extremely expensive -- this is prime real estate, after all, and I'm quite surprised whoever owns it hasn't done anything with it in the years since the store closed.

Comments

  1. Hmm, that is an interesting theory! With most companies, I would be surprised for them to still have debt from a remodel all that time later, but Toys R Us obviously had some major financial issues, so that seems plausible for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment