Azteca, on the inside

The side corridor leading towards the first entrance we saw from the outside is also home to the Azteca restaurant, which sadly doesn't have any neon on the inside to match the stuff outside. I found it quite strange how those last few tables are basically in the mall corridor rather than the restaurant, with just a short railing to divide them! It looks like when the restaurant is closed, they would actually be outside of the sliding gate. Have any of you seen something like this elsewhere? I sure haven't, but I also haven't visited all that many malls.

Comments

  1. Not only have I seen a dining room extend outside of a mall restaurant like that, but I've actually eaten in the extended part of a mall restaurant like that! This was at The Galleria upscale mall in Houston and the restaurant was Chili's. This was around 2004-5, but the Chili's is still in the same spot with the same design: https://goo.gl/maps/G7ocEBRBirPVE31DA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! For some reason, that picture makes that mall look like an airport -- and I'm pretty sure I have seen setups like this at airports in the past, just not at malls.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this before, too -- it's as if they envision it as an indoor patio! My experience with it has been at the Cheesecake Factory in Wolfchase Galleria in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good analogy! I figured this couldn't be completely unique, but it sounds like it's more common than I would have guessed.

      Delete

Post a Comment