Liquor triangle

The liquor department here is basically triangular, cut off by a wall that I believe has the stockroom behind it, but it might be an actual exterior wall... I'm just clueless when it comes to this building's floor plan. Compared to what I'm used to from Lifestyle v1, this store has a much larger grey stripe above the beige part of the wall -- that might be because this is a relatively early Lifestyle store, or it might be because Safeway wasn't sure what to do with the open ceiling this store has, as I've seen similarly weird results at other Lifestyle v1 stores with open ceilings.

Comments

  1. I suppose in some ways, Safeway was early to the grey walls fad of the 2010s-early 2020s way back in the mid-2000s! That said, it's a bit strange seeing grey next to a warm color like beige. I know these are usual Lifestyle v1 colors, but as you say, it's a bit strange seeing the grey as prominently as it is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Normally they're known for embracing the earth tones fad, not the grey trend!

      Normally, the grey stripe is narrow enough that it reads more as crown molding, but a lot of open-ceiling stores made it a lot more prominent. I think this store is extra awkward because the grey and beige stripes are almost the same width, plus the ceiling structure itself is a lot less prominent. (Also, I believe this is the only open-ceiling Lifestyle v1 store I've actually visited in person, so maybe the rest of them look just as weird!)

      Delete

Post a Comment