Decor on the ceiling

I got a ton of pictures of the produce department here because it's just too awesome to resist, plus I was really worried about how my camera would handle the spotlights and overall dim lighting -- thankfully, almost all of my pictures here turned out. (Because capturing this store was so important to me, I spent a lot of time here and was far more obvious with my photography than I normally like to be -- thankfully, no one seemed to care, and it was absolutely worth it in the end.) The ceiling here is made out of fake wood beams, leading up to a hexagonal stained glass faux-skylight that features various abstract farm scenes. And as Retail Retell reminded me last time I posted a photo of ceiling decor like this, this is the song the title references 🙂

Comments

  1. This produce department is really neat and that ceiling hexagon light box is perhaps the neatest part of that produce department. In a way, it reminds me of the stained glass in the produce department of my local Fiesta Mart, but it also reminds me a bit of the light boxes Grand Union used in their decor in around 1980. Here's a Marina-style Food King in the Houston area, which was built as a Weingarten's (which was later bought by Grand Union), which still has ~1980 Grand Union decor and which still has that light box: https://houstonhistoricretail.com/2022/05/18/this-former-weingarten-still-uses-grand-union-decor-40-years-later/

    Ha, I think I remember Retail Retell posting that song to one of his blog posts long ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! I actually visited another place (not a grocery store) on this trip that has a somewhat similar stained glass ceiling.

      Delete

Post a Comment