Happy Tour

The tenant spaces aren't restricted to restaurants, even -- there's an insurance place and a travel agency (seemingly mostly offering tours around the Seattle area, based on its signs... seems like a strange business model at a place I can't imagine many tourists end up). This, coupled with the large general merchandise (housewares) department we saw earlier, really makes this store feel like a true hypermarket, just shrunk down -- that's something that was supposed to be a theme of this set (along with the CampeĆ³n set), but I've largely neglected it so far.

Comments

  1. Huh, that tour operation is quite strange. Perhaps a lot of Asian tourists end up at H Mart? Maybe, but I suspect that's most likely to be the case if someone already living in Seattle takes the tourists to the H Mart. I would guess these tours are for immigrants who are living in the Seattle area, but want to visit some of the popular places in the area with tour guides who speak the language(s) of the immigrants. Perhaps visiting guests from overseas might be taken along on these tours.

    That's my guess at least, but it is a bit of a strange one! I think I've seen travel agencies and such in leased spaces of ethnic grocers before, but usually that's for travel and tours of overseas destinations, not things nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was my best guess too, but it definitely seems like a strangely small market to build a business around! They don't seem to have an internet presence at all (at least not under the Happy Tour name), so I'm really not sure what their business model is.

      Delete

Post a Comment