Weird endcaps, and weird balloons

This store retains its mid-aisle cut-through actionway, which I've heard referred to as a distinctive trait of Grocery Palace stores but which is quite uncommon today. That being said, looking at the floor here, the cut-through has a distinct floor design separate from the aisles it intersects, something that was certainly not true of the other two stores I've visited with Grocery Palace flooring (both of which I believe were built with Grocery Palace), so I wonder how common this trait ever was. Also, I'm not sure what's up with the slatted accents along the top of the shelves -- I don't think Albertsons ever used these (and they look too new for that anyway), and I highly doubt Haggen would have added them... but it would also be strange for Campeón to have added them. They look like the lighted shelf toppers that some stores used to use, but don't have any lights installed. Maybe Haggen sold off the shelving when they left, and whatever Campeón bought to replace those had these pre-installed -- that's the most logical explanation I can think of, at least.

Comments

  1. Huh, this does look a bit strange to me. The shelving toppers certainly don't look like they are from Albertsons. Also, while the black and grey pattern tiles are very much a Grocery Palace thing, I'm not sure if I remember the pink checkerboard tiles like that. Maybe Grocery Palace stores had those and I just don't remember them. Who knows, maybe the local Krogertsons has it and I just have not noticed. Anyway, I suppose those pink tiles match Peppa Pig, lol.

    I must admit to finding the cut-through at the local Grocery Palace Krogertsons to be quite strange. It takes a lot of getting used to as someone who usually does not shop at Krogers with cut-throughs. It certainly takes me a bit more time and effort to shop at the center aisles of that Kroger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, interesting! This store's 2002 build date does place it towards the end of the Grocery Palace era, so perhaps the flooring changed over the years... that's the only thing I can think of.

      Delete

Post a Comment