Lifestyle v2 clock

This store is one of the few out there to get a Lifestyle v2 clock, the last generation of Safeway clocks that I know of (though the Lifestyle v1 version seems to be even rarer). Normally, I think of these as being fake clocks, but looking at this picture versus the last one, the hands did move over the few minutes between these pictures (which I'm posting out of order), which makes me think that the "fake" ones I've seen have just been broken... however, it wasn't even close to keeping accurate time, as this picture was taken around 12:50 PM and the clock is clearly showing something closer to 5:45! 

Comments

  1. The local Randall's to me is a Lifestyle v2 Randall's, and it has a clock, but sadly it isn't painted in what I normally consider to be Lifestyle v2 colors since it is high above the yellow and tan stripe in the gable area of the high-pitched roof. Believe it or not, that clock area used to be a 2nd story balcony for the deli seating area! It certainly looks less fancy now: https://goo.gl/maps/vB7CzRGE5cY7ejRo9

    I've never noticed that the clock at the Randall's was off so I think the one here works okay. I'll have to try to check it out next time.

    I don't know how many Randall's actually have clocks these days. Although clocks were common at Houston Safeways during their first go-around here and clocks were common at pre-merger Randall's (in fact, Mike from HHR bought a big ole' classic Randall's clock), it's possible clocks have kind of fallen out of favor in modern Randall's renovations. That might not be the case though. Maybe the clocks are still popular and I just have not noticed them except at my local location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite an interesting clock! I've been to at least one Marina store with a Lifestyle clock and it was in the normal area, not up in the upper part of the wall. That's a decent way to fill in that huge blank space!

      It seems like Safeway clocks became much less common starting with Proto-Lifestyle and I'm pretty sure they're completely gone in all decor packages from Lifestyle v3 on (not sure about Colorful Lifestyle v2). Seems like there was a brief comeback in the early days of Lifestyle v2 (there are a decent number of v2 stores with clocks around here), but they've been gone since then.

      Delete

Post a Comment