Peeking out of the elevator

Since I had grabbed a cart (my standard stealth technique for any store that has carts available), I headed over to the elevator in the front right corner to head upstairs. That let me get this glance over at the checkouts, which have very nice (though rather plain, I suppose) edge-lit register lights -- always my favorite style. And I guess I did get a picture capturing the sign directing people upstairs for the pharmacy and clinic (on the right side of the image) -- Walmart, if you're going for an "airport-inspired" decor package, this is the type of thing I would expect to see! (That sign, apart from the woodgrain, is actually quite reminiscent of the signage used in SeaTac, with the large arrow on a red square on one side of the sign.)

Comments

  1. That's a nice floor there! It's a nice looking store in general really from what we've seen of it so far.

    On the topic of small stores, I recently made my first ever visit to a Trader Joe's. We've had a few in Houston for quite some time now, but they never really expanded into any area I spend any time in so it's taken almost, what, a decade for me to visit one, lol. I wasn't expecting it to be big, but it was smaller than what I was even expecting! Maybe it's the same size as an Aldi, but I'm not even sure about that. Nonetheless, the store didn't feel too tight with the way they put everything out and they do have quite a bit. The store has a red stained/painted concrete floor that, by concrete floor standards, didn't look too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is -- the only one that's nice enough for me to bother photographing it!

      Yeah, Trader Joe's stores are quite small, and around here, they do feel very cramped because they're always super busy! Admittedly, I think I've only set foot inside their stores twice, but the lines out the door are always a good enough sign for me to stay away.

      Delete

Post a Comment