Past, present, and (almost) future

 

This is what I was really excited about with this store -- a set of original Mercer decor plans! The story of how I was able to find them is a bit convoluted -- back in 2019, just a few months after I visited this store, a bid went out for a full remodel to Urban Mix, back when that decor package was brand new (and I'll drop the plans for that below) -- obviously, that never happened. A year and a half later, in late 2020, a new set of plans was posted, for a much smaller, non-decor-replacing remodel (something that QFC has been doing a lot of lately, primarily with Bountiful stores [which is why it feels so weird to me that in many other Kroger divisions, Bountiful is being quickly replaced with newer decor packages such as Remix, Urban Mix, and Artisan] but also with at least one each of Mercer and Fresh Fare) -- and when these were posted, they also included a partial set of as-builts for the store, including these four sheets showing the original decor package! I don't think there's anything too earth-shattering here -- they don't even mention "Mercer" anywhere on them -- but I never thought I'd be able to find plans for a relatively old decor (15 years old, with the plans being dated 2006), so this is super cool to someone like me. (I don't think any of you are nearly as interested in plan sets as I am, but we all have our own interests.) It's also cool to have a plan view of the store, even if the fixture plan itself wasn't included in the posted plans, and I've been referring to that frequently through this set -- I just wanted to save the big reveal for the end. 


Here are the plans for the called-off Urban Mix remodel, too (the "almost future" part of the title). I'm quite happy to see Mercer sticking around in this store, especially since it's the original store for that decor package, but I will say that I bet Urban Mix would have looked very good in this store. 



Comments

Post a Comment