Sushi banners

Rather than being in with the rest of the prepared foods (as is typical for Fred Meyer), this store's sushi department has its own island. This department has another little bit of drop ceiling, and this one's even weirder -- the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, so the drop ceiling is just floating there! But it's not just a ceiling cloud, since there are short floating walls surrounding the drop ceiling, painted in an odd light green color that doesn't match other Neighborhood sushi departments. And then there are the hanging banners that are the only signage for the department, which I also haven't seen elsewhere -- they kind of look like they might fit in with Banner decor, but I don't believe I've seen them in actual Banner stores. All in all, this is one of the weirdest parts of this already-weird store!

Comments

  1. I think I spot an elusive 'Have a Seat' department!

    I've seen those sushi banners before at one of our local Banner/Marketplace (non-Marketplace) Krogers in my area. This is one of two Krogers close to one another on Cypresswood Dr. here in Houston which took on severe flood damage after Hurricane Harvey in 2017. The other is the Fresh & Local Krogertsons with the pathetic looking bakery I shared with you a few days ago. This store is a bit more upscale and has Banner. Link: https://goo.gl/maps/cr6WzdJmgxwVHpKv6

    That Kroger was one of the first Kroger Signature stores that opened in ~1993 and it originally had a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC Express. Even now, it has a bit more 'fast food' than the typical Kroger in this area: https://goo.gl/maps/pUyCbpjEaDPFm3MH7

    Here are all the photos of that store. I was there a couple of weeks ago since it's the closest Kroger to the nearest Randall's to me: https://goo.gl/maps/42caPW3enro6vxwSA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yep! As I mentioned last time we talked about this, those are pretty common in Fred Meyers.

      That's a cool store! One of these days I need to post my pictures of the local QFC that still has a fast-food franchise (Panda Express) in it. And yeah, sounds like these banners are much more common than I realized!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link! It's possible the paint color for this area is one of those divisional differences. Also, the sushi banner is majorly common around here, I guess I just haven't gotten around to posting any pictures with it yet. My guess is that that's yet another non-décor specific item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's hard to say, since this store is a one-off for Neighborhood in Fred Meyer. And interesting to hear that about the banners, since they aren't common at all around here!

      Delete

Post a Comment