ZZZZZzz

 The weirdness at this store doesn't stop now that we're out of the food section, though. This store has a soffit and drop ceiling over the departments behind the back actionway, something I've never seen before at a Fred Meyer. (I like this design, because it keeps the signage from hiding behind the overly-stacked shelves Fred Meyer loves in this part of the store!) I'm curious now whether this was a rare design to start with, or if Fred Meyer just ripped out the drop ceiling and soffit from stores when they remodeled them. I feel like it's probably some of both... if it was common at some point, I imagine I would have seen it by now, since Fred Meyer does some rather cheap remodels from time to time. Also, Fred Meyer certainly had a thing for removing drop ceilings in their 00s remodels.

Comments

  1. I don't know what it is, but there's something about this area which still looks very much like a supermarket/warehouse club store instead of a housewares area. That area with the mini-beds and such looks like it would be perfect for a dairy area or something, lol. With that in mind, it's quite strange seeing the mini-beds there since I'm expecting milk and cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment