Please DO NOT open... the towels sitting loose on the shelf?

I was just slightly amused by this notice hanging in the loose bath towels section. I'm not entirely sure what they were trying to say here, but perhaps before the remodel, there was something more packaged in this area, and no one ever felt like removing the sign! Also, that price list makes it clear that (like most Fred Meyer general merchandise items) these towels are a bit pricey. And Kroger wonders why Fred Meyer's general merchandise department isn't successful...

Comments

  1. Wow, those are some expensive towels! With prices like that, I'd expect those towels to be perpetually 50%+ off like at Kohl's or Macy's, but I guess that's not quite the case here, lol. I guess I won't be buying my towels from Kroger, but I will need a new place to buy towels from since Sears was my place for that kind of stuff and they are gone from here now. I'm not sure what I'll do when I need new towels! Fortunately, I have a front-load washing machine (from Sears no less!) and they're pretty gentle on fabrics.

    As for the warning about not opening up bedding that is hung over towels, well, I don't know what to say, lol. Perhaps Kroger should stick to groceries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, it seems like a lot of Fred Meyer's housewares department is on sale on any given day, but it's not quite a permanent sale nor is it nearly that much of a discount! (Normally their discounts are 10-20%.) Honestly, I can't think of the last time I bought bath towels -- all of the ones I have right now were gifts or hand-me-downs. If I were to buy new towels, Target would be the most likely place for me to look, I think. (Mostly just because they're the only store reasonably close to me that would be likely to sell towels!)

      Ouch! Mean, but probably true 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment