Paint your luggage (or just travel with storage containers instead)

While the basic decor -- plain walls with a black stripe and vertical category markers) is basically the same as along the back wall, I feel like (and the general consensus seems to be that) the right side wall of this store has a much different (and better) feel to it. There are a few reasons I can see for that -- first, and most obviously, the wall is not plain white, instead being a very nice light teal color; and second, the category markers are somewhat more densely placed, so there's less blank wall space in between them. This is over in the mystery alcove, where there's a real hodgepodge of departments -- visible here is a single half-aisle of luggage, crammed in between plastic storage bins and the wood finishes section. 


The mental image of using storage containers as luggage reminded me of one of the things I always found funny (and/or bizarre) traveling as a kid -- all of the people who apparently checked cardboard boxes rather then luggage. Not "cardboard luggage", which is all I got just now when looking it up (and which I don't think I've ever seen!), just normal cardboard boxes. I still wonder why that was such a common thing -- and I wonder whether it still is.

Comments

  1. Also that the category markers appear to be wood on both sides instead of oddly colored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true of all of the general merchandise departments with these category markers. No clue why...

      Delete

Post a Comment