Diamonds and stripes

Taken in isolation, I actually really like the toy decor. Despite what I said in the last picture, it's one of the highlights of Artisan for me. There are two big caveats to that, though -- I think it would work in any department but the toy section (it's not good decor for this department), and the grey background wall ruins it. I have to wonder if this decor was originally designed with a different (darker) background color, since the light colors and thin stripes practically disappear into the light grey background (you can kind of see that in the last picture). Also, the "toys" lettering slapped right on top of the stripes just looks cheap and ugly -- and it doesn't even seem to be centered properly on the stripes.

Comments

  1. There's something about the toy department decor which reminds me of one of those default PowerPoint templates. Of course, the person who designed those for Microsoft might well shop at Fred Meyer, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment