Dark back actionway

As dark as this picture is, at least there were some lights illuminating the back actionway -- it appears that the last light in each of the linear fixtures along the aisles is an emergency backup light. (I'm guessing that these are battery-backup fixtures, but it's hard to say for sure. There was more lighting on than I would expect for typical emergency battery fixtures, but not as much as I would assume they would have if this store had a full backup generator. My guess is that it has a smaller generator that only powers some things, but I don't know enough about electrical work to have a particularly educated guess on the matter.) As I mentioned in a comment reply on one of yesterday's pictures, the employees had emptied out most of the refrigerated and frozen cases; whether that's because the food spoiled or because they were trying to save the food by moving it to coolers that had backup power I don't know.

Comments