Across the street

Here's a long view of those largely-untouched facades. I might have mentioned this already, but I find it very interesting how this store doesn't say "Target" anywhere on it -- originally it was  "City ◎", and when that branding was dropped, it became just "◎". I know Target has been moving towards logo-only branding in some cases, but I'm not aware of stores other than the former City Targets that went completely logo only. I also only just noticed how much space there is above the drop ceiling on the third floor -- even where the ceiling seems super high, it could have been even higher! I guess that's how the original architects were able to squeeze in up to three stories in what's just a one-story space in some parts.

Comments

  1. If I'm not mistaken a ton of Target stores now feature only the bullseye, no wordmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true... I should have clarified that I was mostly referring to stores of this era. Then again, don't they normally have the all-lowercase "target" somewhere, like this or this? (Serious question -- I may well be missing something since I don't visit very many Targets!)

      Delete
    2. Ah, gotcha. Yeah, if they aren't bullseye-only these days, I think they've got the all-lowercase wordmark alongside the bullseye, like in your second link. I would consider the first link an example of the former since it doesn't say "target" (yuck!) anywhere on the building itself, just the roadside sign.

      Delete

Post a Comment