Welcome to the Downtown Seattle Macy's!

This store was built in 1929 and served as the flagship store for the Bon Marche all the way through that brand's shutdown in 2003-2004, and lasted through early 2020 before closing for good (though the upper floors of the building were sold in 2015 and quickly became Amazon office space).

I visited this store all too often during the closing process, and as such have a ton of pictures of it -- over 500 already, and there's a good chance that there will be a few more added by the time I'm done with this set. I initially changed to my long/short set format with this store in mind, but the series spiraled out of control even further! Instead of posting this one store for 9 months straight (that's how long it would take me to post them all even with my 4-a-day format!), I'm planning to alternate individual visits to this store with other long posts -- sure, it will probably be about two years until I finally wrap it up at that rate (yikes), but at least I'll have something else mixed in during that time...

Comments

  1. Wow!! And I thought I took a lot of photos -- 500 photos, wow XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... when you end up visiting a store once a week for a couple months, that's what happens. It's actually standing at 527 right now, though that's before filtering out repetitive or garbage pictures. (I have another set that's 400 pictures and the project it's documenting isn't even close to being done... that one will surely be far longer than even this one by the time it's done!)

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to know that these places are going to have such extensive documentation! That's always the goal here, so you've definitely done a great job...

      Delete
    3. Thanks! We'll see if you still think that in... 2022? 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment