Seattle's Best Bakery

This store even still has the shared coffee shop/bakery setup as Kirkland did, something that's extremely rare in modern QFCs (and probably wasn't ever common in other stores). It seems like this was QFC's first style of in-store coffee shops back in the early 2000s, before the standard kiosk design became universally used. (Safeway, and most others, used that design from the very start as far as I can tell.) I only recently learned (thanks to Retail Retell) that apparently the in-store coffee kiosk concept was a failure in many other areas when it was first introduced and never really came back into fashion in some places -- it's certainly a big thing around here, with all the major grocery chains having coffee kiosks in all but their smallest stores. I guess it's just that weird Northwest coffee obsession showing its hand again!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! Yeah, I would imagine they'd be more successful in the land of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yep, I suppose it's not that surprising in the end -- I'm just surprised that coffee must be so much less popular in other areas!

      Delete

Post a Comment