🌳Pharmacy🌳

I've said it before and I'll surely say it again -- trees make a store look nicer, but they certainly make my life difficult when it comes to getting pictures! I still like how this one turned out, even if you can't see much of the store itself.

So, as I mentioned yesterday, today is the start of a new experiment. I've been keeping better track of my photo backlog over the past year or so, and I've noticed that I have a lot of very long photosets (think well over a month worth of uploads, some even 3+ months) and a lot of very short ones (not much more than a week -- this store is one of those). I've long stuck to only doing one set at a time (unlike what most of you do) to keep things simple, but I've tried out doing multiple at a time with the pair of live remodel update sets I did in 2019 and it seemed to work out nicely. So what I'm going to try out now is posting the short sets on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday nights for now but I might extend that to Fridays as well) and long sets on weekdays. I'm planning to put the cutoff between short and long sets at 50 pictures, which means that normal stores will normally have short sets, but very large stores, ones that I have multiple updates over time for, malls, etc. will have long ones (which do make up the majority of the photos in my backlog at this point). I'll try to keep the long and short sets having some sort of connection to one another, but that probably won't happen most of the time. As always, I'd love to hear your feedback on this change -- though I don't think it will feel that odd to most of you, since almost everyone already does multiple simultaneous sets anyways!

Comments

  1. I agree, I like this picture (and the curved front stores in general, for that matter)!

    As for the format change, sounds good to me! Yeah, the multiple sets at once thing is nothing new concept-wise, but can definitely be difficult to switch into. Heck, I've just switched back to only two at once as opposed to three as I was doing last year thanks to the giant Sears photoset, and even that's taking time to adjust to, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yep, it's certainly going to take some time for me to get used to the change, but I think everyone (certainly including me!) will probably be happy to not sit through a single store for months on end! It doesn't solve my real problem of having way too many pictures that I want to post, of course, but maybe I'll do something about that later... 🤷‍♂️

      Delete

Post a Comment