Down the back again

Looking the other way down the back wall, we see about the only trace of red paint inside this store, on the electronics department wall and a little bit along the back windows. And yes, that is another "◎ Opening" sign in the window there!

Another oddity about this store (at least in the world of Target) is the bare concrete floor -- I always thought Target still tended to use vinyl flooring in their stores, but it looks like they're increasingly going with concrete, at least in these small-format stores. I'm not sure what I think of it -- I've never been a huge fan of bare concrete floors, but they do look reasonably good in a new building like this, and Target's preferred plain white vinyl isn't all that much nicer. The fancier (colored/patterned) vinyl that some stores use is certainly much better than either, though!

Comments

  1. I like the colored/patterned stuff I've seen in images of other small format stores, but even just bare concrete is better than the regular white tile for these, I think. On the other hand, the full-line stores that have tried using stuff other than just the basic white tile should stop. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting... I'm particularly not a fan of plain white vinyl in large stores! I tend to find it a bit too bland and cheap-looking (even if bare concrete is the true cheap option)...

      Delete
    2. I was referring to full-line Target stores specifically, but I must admit I don't care for how they've switched to a gray color for the racetrack stripes - it needs to be white tile with red stripes, period, in my opinion. Other stores can do what they want, although there are times concrete can look terrible even if it's the cheaper option like you said... particularly retrofitted stores though, new ones tend to be fine.

      Delete

Post a Comment