Closer view

My initial thought on seeing this building was that it might have been the area's original Albertsons, and I was totally convinced that it was originally a grocery store. Well, as it turns out, I was completely wrong! This was originally built in 1968 as Buzzard Hardware, a (rather strangely-named) local hardware store brand. It eventually became a Pay n' Pak (another local hardware store). I'm not sure when it was converted to the current Office Depot-Carpet Liquidators setup, but based on the signage this store used to have, it was probably quite some time ago. I kind of wanted to get interior pictures, but Office Depot remains the only store I've been consistently trailed by security in -- not even when getting pictures, just when shopping normally!

Comments

  1. That's strange! And surely off-putting if they do that to all shoppers, too. I dig the old road sign in that link, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know what's up with them, but it certainly has put me off of shopping at Office Depot!

      And, as you've probably seen by now, that old road sign was the original Buzzard Hardware sign -- makes it even more sad to see it go...

      Delete

Post a Comment