Old and new

Here's another view looking between the old and new stores. The driveway on the left is the access to the new underground parking for both the QFC and the office complex.

p.s. -- I did visit the new store today, and got a ton of pictures that I will start posting tomorrow. I'll save most of my talk about that for those pictures, but one funny thing I wanted to mention before I forgot -- in the middle of my (extended) time walking around, Good Grief by Bastille started playing! It's hard for me to pick a favorite Bastille song, but that one is definetly in the running. It was definitely one of those wait, am I going crazy? moments, as I already had that song in my head walking around the store. But, of course, I was glad to hear actually good music in a store for once! It's also hardly the weirdest music I've recognized playing in a store... a few times recently, I've heard Franz Ferdinand playing in Safeway (one of the songs in question), which I found a bit surprising as much of their music can be a bit more NSFW than I'd expect a grocery store to be comfortable playing (heck, even the ones I've heard are kind of edging the line), and I remember the Albertsons in Port Angeles often playing Codeine Velvet Club, a very obscure band that I used to listen to. (And here you go, a bunch of bonus music!)

Comments

  1. Doesn't surprise me about Bastille and Franz Ferdinand being played - especially that particular one; I hear stuff by those artists and tons more that I hear often on SiriusXM's PopRocks seemingly everywhere now! (The more obscure band however, I can't explain :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, guess that they're a bit more mainstream than I had thought! It's interesting to see Franz Ferdinand's stuff from back in the early 2000s coming back into style. (And I'm probably overstating their issues... it's just that family-friendly isn't exactly what comes to mind when I think about Franz Ferdinand!)

      Delete

Post a Comment