Fresh flowers, and not-so-fresh aisle markers

This store's (predictably small) floral department is located on the side of the pharmacy box, facing into the grand aisle. Apparently I didn't get a real picture of it, not that there's much to see.


Note also the missing category plaques out of the aisle markers. While the PF&H aisle markers are fairly nice looking, they seem to be extremely prone to losing their slide-in plaques for some reason, and sometimes even lose the top portion with the aisle number (which is also a slide-in plaque for some reason, probably a cost cutting thing I suppose). I'm not sure what makes this so much more common with these than any other aisle markers I've seen, but it really ruins the otherwise polished look of these stores.

Comments

  1. If there was any doubt before, I'd imagine the pharmacy/floral box setup here confirms for sure that this store had the Theme Park décor back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, didn't realize that was so decor specific! Like I said, we don't have that many Albertsons pharmacies around here...

      Delete
    2. Well, don't take my word on that - as you know, I'm not overly familiar with Albertsons by any means :P But from what I've seen elsewhere on blogs and on flickr, I can't picture this arrangement with any other décor package.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the pharmacy island was a Grocery Palace/Theme Park decor thing. I've never seen any other Albertsons store (other than those from that era) get a pharmacy island.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment