Stepping inside

Sadly, my camera really didn't like this store for some reason, but it's still quite apparent what's going on here. Well, kinda -- I mean, I still have no clue what's up with this interior, but at least you can see why that is 🙂

I've been referring to this as the "mystery interior", since nothing makes sense here. This store currently has absolutely no wall signage, and a color scheme that doesn't really match any Albertsons decor. The aisle markers are from the Blue and Green Awnings decor, and looking at old street view (you'll probably have to turn brightness up to see it), there used to be Blue and Grey Market-like wall signs, but the background decor doesn't really match up with what I expect from that decor package. I suspect the background decor, with all its wood paneling and weird trim, is probably from some really old decor -- I'd suspect something from the 70s, but I haven't found any pictures that seem to match very well. So yeah, no clue what's up with this store...

Comments

  1. Back in the 1980's, Albertsons used a colorful version of what would become the Blue and Gray Market decor, which I called on my blog the "Colorful Transition Decor". This is what that decor looked like: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145148173@N05/37270880785/

    The decor in this store doesn't really match up with that decor either, but it's the closest to anything decor package that I know Albertsons has used over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw that picture too -- I see the similarities there, but not quite the same. I can't tell if all the wood paneling is there in that one either... this seems like it would have been some sort of very wood-paneling-heavy decor package here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment